Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow Music

How do I add a music play list to a slideshow project in Photos?

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 5:59 AM

Hi

You can't - you can only add individual songs from your library. And then, only if you own them. If they are from a streaming service (eg apple music) you'll not be able to add them to your slide show.

7 replies

Feb 11, 2022 8:04 AM in response to reTired_at_67

Which system version do you have installed on your Mac?

In Photos 7 you can built a playlist as a backing track in Photos.

• Select ans open the slideshow project in Photos, then click the Music button with the blue note.
  • Remove all entries from the "Selected Music" pane, then click the disclosure button for the Music Library to reveal your Music Library. Now you can click songs in the song list to add them to the backing music. Use the search field to find songs quickly. The song has to be downloaded to your Mac and must not have digital rights assigned, as Tony pointed out. I am using the songs I have arranged with GarageBand and saved to Music.

For example: To open your Music Library in the slideshow:

To add songs to your playlist: You can only select songs that are not greyed out. If they are grey, ensure that they have been downloaded in the Music.app and are stored locally.

Feb 11, 2022 2:18 PM in response to léonie

One more question.

Now that i have music with my slide show, how do I get that music to play thru my smart Sony TV? I connected an Apple USB-C to Digital AV Multiport Adapter into my MacBook Pro and an HDMI cable from the adapter to the TV. The slide show plays thru the TV, but the sound comes from the computer and not the TV. What did I do wrong? Thanks

Slideshow Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.