Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove MDM Profiles when the icon is greyed out

I have an iMac here where Profiles under System Preferences is greyed out(disabled) and I need to remove them and re-add profiles. The Mac lost connection to the Apple MDM Server. At one time I had it so the Profiles were greyed out (disabled setting in Apple Profile Manager) so users could not go into the Profiles area to remove the profiles. So now since the iMac is not longer connecting or updating with the MDM Server I guess I need a way to remove the profiles manually and then re-add them.

How can this be done?

I was thinking of trying this out; http://rachelviniar.com/non-removable-mdm/

Thoughts?

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:52 PM

Can you re-enroll the Mac with the MDM server and have the Profiles configured to be removable? Which MDM are you using? I know with JAMF there's an agent on the Macs that can do things like "Jamf removeFramework" and it will completely unenroll the Mac from the MDM and remove all the profiles and configurations. Then we can re-enroll the Mac after deleting that Mac's record in JAMF and start over with MDM management of the Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 7:52 PM in response to avanspro

Can you re-enroll the Mac with the MDM server and have the Profiles configured to be removable? Which MDM are you using? I know with JAMF there's an agent on the Macs that can do things like "Jamf removeFramework" and it will completely unenroll the Mac from the MDM and remove all the profiles and configurations. Then we can re-enroll the Mac after deleting that Mac's record in JAMF and start over with MDM management of the Mac.

Remove MDM Profiles when the icon is greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.