You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb turning itself off

I have seen others who have a problem with Do Not Disturb turning itself on, but I keep having problems with it turning itself off on my iMac. The weird thing is that it stays turned on on my iOS devices. I haven't figured out if there is a pattern, but I have noticed it turning itself off at 30 minutes after the hour. My Do Not Disturb settings in the System Preferences app are pretty bare bones. It does not allow breakthrough notifications from anyone or any apps, but it does allow breakthrough calls from Favorites as well as repeated calls. That said, the auto-deactivation of Do Not Disturb does not coincide with any calls from anyone.

Any thoughts?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 11:16 AM

If you have not restarted in Safe Mode recently, please try that first. If you don’t know how restart and hold down the Shift key until the computer restarted. It will show “Safe” in the upper right.

Then restart normally and test.

1 reply

Do Not Disturb turning itself off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.