Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Enable MMS Messaging on MacBook for New iPhone

I just switched to the iPhone 13. I migrated from my previous iPhone via iPhone software. Now my MacBook Pro gives me a "Cannot Send Message" pop up whenever I try to send an attachment to a message. It says "MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send this message. How do I do that?

iPhone 13

Mac OS Monterey

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 4:04 PM

The solution was in the Messages control settings of the new iPhone. In the Messages settings there are "Send and Receive" options under the iMessage radio button. The devices listed in the "Send and Receive" list have to include the phone number of the iPhone being used.

2 replies

Feb 11, 2022 12:27 PM in response to ConradDeetjen

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Make sure you read the *

* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

How Do I Enable MMS Messaging on MacBook for New iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.