Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I pair the watch to my phone

My friend gave me her old Apple Watch and the activation lock is on but she doesn’t have access to the Apple ID any more how can I pair it to my phone

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 12:44 PM

You can't do anything with the watch unless she removes the watch from her account. If she doesn't know the Apple ID, the only hope you have is she has the original Purchase Receipt with the serial number on the receipt and then she can ask Apple to remove Activation Lock. If she doesn't have the receipt, which is the ONLY proof apple will accept, the watch will remain useless to you.

Send her this link, but it may be a lost cause --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 12:44 PM in response to teesa24

You can't do anything with the watch unless she removes the watch from her account. If she doesn't know the Apple ID, the only hope you have is she has the original Purchase Receipt with the serial number on the receipt and then she can ask Apple to remove Activation Lock. If she doesn't have the receipt, which is the ONLY proof apple will accept, the watch will remain useless to you.

Send her this link, but it may be a lost cause --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

How can I pair the watch to my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.