Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad beta updates

Will my iPad Air 4 still be okay? I downloaded beta apple and decided to remove it. After that, the emojis and features of beta hasnt been removed. Will my iPad get beta software beta updates not the normal one? Will I still get software updates? I don’t wanna be in beta anymore.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:33 PM

Hi Aphraim,

The Apple Support doc is very good on this matter and answers your question:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

From the document:

If you used a computer to install an iOS or iPadOS beta, you need to restore iOS or iPadOS to remove the beta version.

The easiest way to remove the public beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap VPN & Device Management.
  2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  3. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.

When the next public version of iOS or iPadOS is available, install it to move back to a non-beta version of iOS or iPadOS. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 7:33 PM in response to ephraim18

Hi Aphraim,

The Apple Support doc is very good on this matter and answers your question:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

From the document:

If you used a computer to install an iOS or iPadOS beta, you need to restore iOS or iPadOS to remove the beta version.

The easiest way to remove the public beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap VPN & Device Management.
  2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  3. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.

When the next public version of iOS or iPadOS is available, install it to move back to a non-beta version of iOS or iPadOS. 

iPad beta updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.