Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The battery symbol doesn’t go off even though it’s green and fully charged on my Apple iPod classic 160GB model A1238

How do I switch off the battery symbol on my iPod 160GB classic it’s fully charged showing green

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 3:33 AM

You cannot switch it off.

While charging, the battery icon will have a lightning symbol associated with it (I can't recall now whether it's in the battery or next to it). When the battery is fully charged, the lightning bolt turns off but the battery icon stays on.

Once you unplug the charger from the iPod, the battery will stay green but the green portion will become smaller (shorter) within the battery icon to indicate how much charge still remains. When the battery con turns red, it's probably time to re-charge the iPod.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 3:33 AM in response to Pavonemella

You cannot switch it off.

While charging, the battery icon will have a lightning symbol associated with it (I can't recall now whether it's in the battery or next to it). When the battery is fully charged, the lightning bolt turns off but the battery icon stays on.

Once you unplug the charger from the iPod, the battery will stay green but the green portion will become smaller (shorter) within the battery icon to indicate how much charge still remains. When the battery con turns red, it's probably time to re-charge the iPod.

The battery symbol doesn’t go off even though it’s green and fully charged on my Apple iPod classic 160GB model A1238

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.