Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirTags won’t pair. My phone keeps saying to delete a device from my list, I have deleted 2 items and only have 3 on my find list now but I keep getting this message when I try to pair. Can someone help me with this ? I am current with updates.

Cannot get my AirTags to pair

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 7:45 AM

Hello Gardeniacountry,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to pair your AirTags. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

According to the resource you came from: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can't set up your AirTag

1. Make sure that your device is ready for setup.
  2. If the setup animation disappeared, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone to put your device to sleep. Then wake and unlock your iPhone. Wait up to 15 seconds, and the animation should reappear. 
  3. If you have multiple AirTags to set up, make sure that only one is near your device at one time.
  4. Remove and then replace the battery in your AirTag.* 
  5. If your AirTag still won't connect to your device, reset your AirTag

Learn what to do if you see a message that says the AirTag is connected to another Apple ID."

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Gardeniacountry

Hello Gardeniacountry,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to pair your AirTags. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

According to the resource you came from: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can't set up your AirTag

1. Make sure that your device is ready for setup.
  2. If the setup animation disappeared, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone to put your device to sleep. Then wake and unlock your iPhone. Wait up to 15 seconds, and the animation should reappear. 
  3. If you have multiple AirTags to set up, make sure that only one is near your device at one time.
  4. Remove and then replace the battery in your AirTag.* 
  5. If your AirTag still won't connect to your device, reset your AirTag

Learn what to do if you see a message that says the AirTag is connected to another Apple ID."

Cheers!

Mar 1, 2022 8:05 PM in response to Gardeniacountry

I am right there with you. I have done ALL the troubleshooting possible and STILL have this issue. I was sent a replacement tag, and right out of the package same issue. What is going on?! I had NO PROBLEM setting up my sister's AirTag for her, yet I cannot even get my original tag and replacement tag to work?! I have literally gotten down to just ONE thing on FindMy and STILL getting the message that I have "maximum items added." This is a really big issue with no resolution, Apple!!

My AirTags won’t pair. My phone keeps saying to delete a device from my list, I have deleted 2 items and only have 3 on my find list now but I keep getting this message when I try to pair. Can someone help me with this ? I am current with updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.