Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't save changes to Keynote Presentation

I've used Keynote for years, but suddenly can't save updates to a presentation. I get this error message: "Couldn't auto-save document. Your most recent changes might be lost." I've tried reducing the size of the presentation. Saving it to a documents folder. It's frustrating as I'd like to add presenter notes.

Help!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:21 AM

Test if your Mac account is corrupt by adding a new user account:

go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Users

click the lock button and sign in

click the + button

enter the required information

sign in to the new user just created and test Keynote

4 replies

Feb 13, 2022 4:36 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thank you very much, Gary. I added a new user account and was able to save the changes to my Keynote there. (Once I figured out how to export it via Dropbox). I then imported it back to my original Mac account - which works now. Go figure. It also might be because in having to figure out how to export such a heavy Keynote prez, I ended up having to clean my mac and freeing up 20GB of space. It's possible there wasn't enough room to "save" the Keynote before. In any event, Thanks!

Feb 14, 2022 7:05 AM in response to FoothillQuestion

FoothillQuestion wrote:

I ended up having to clean my mac and freeing up 20GB of space. It's possible there wasn't enough room to "save" the Keynote before. In any event, Thanks!

Please explain what you mean by clean my Mac:

you manually deleted files to gain extra storage, or you installed rogue software?

What files were deleted to gain free space?

Please never use cleaning, antivirus or optimising software. This kind of unnecessary software often deletes important system files necessary for the correct working of the Mac which can significantly degrade the performance of the Mac. You have no control of what files are being removed, reports in this discussion mention of loosing important Keynote project files.

Can't save changes to Keynote Presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.