Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redeem Apple Gift Card Confusion

When trying to Redeem Apple Gift Cards to buy hardware, Apple.com reroutes me to either iTunes or App Store.

However, I don't want to buy music or Apps! I want to be sure that the Apple Gift Cards will be used for Mac Hardware.

Thanks in advance,

bob

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Click here and see if it lists the combined Apple Gift Card for your country. If it does, the store credit will be applied to purchases from the online Apple Store.

To purchase from a physical store, you need to take the card in instead of redeeming it online.

(214075)

4 replies

Feb 13, 2022 5:50 PM in response to Niel

Neil - Thank you for the quick response. Being in the US, I followed your link below:

and clicked on “redeeming Apple Gift Card” which took me to:

Clicking on the “Redeem your gift card” button brought me back to the same site above to launch an Application. None of these links or sites give me the assurance that I can redeem these gift cards when making a purchase from the ONLINE APPLE STORE (for hardware)! I do not want to be spending these cards on Digital Media, i.e., App Store, iTunes, or the Apple Music app (listed immediately above).

Can you see my hesitancy when the Apple redemption sites give NO indication that the Apple Gift Card(s) can be redeemed in the online Apple Store?

Feb 14, 2022 7:54 PM in response to Niel

So, does this mean that I Redeem $300 in Apple Gift Cards by selecting the "App Store" application and then I can use those redemption dollars toward my next Hardware purchase; and I won't be required/limited to Only Use Them in the App(lication) Store?

Or, should I wait until my hardware purchase on the online Apple Store and hope they will allow me to input the cards' codes and apply the money to the hardware purchase?

Redeem Apple Gift Card Confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.