Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning Wheel on Check for Updates

I have searched support replies and still can't seem to get this to functions. Whenever I check for updates all I get is the spinning wheel. Was able to do a Safari update about a month ago. iMac 2017 running Catalina 10.15.7. Also running Bitdefender. I have tried some of the suggestions but still nothing working. Also this morning attached iPhone to backup and was prompted to download software to connect to iMac. This is happened in past. Hung up on downloading. Is there not a fix for this very frustrating problem. Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:43 AM

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

This will include BitDefender  and the User can draw their own conclusions to keep or remove the application as per Developers Instructions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 8:43 AM in response to fredfromredwater

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

This will include BitDefender  and the User can draw their own conclusions to keep or remove the application as per Developers Instructions.

Spinning Wheel on Check for Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.