Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 8.4.2 refuses to install

Error message is that I’m not connected to the internet, which is wrong, I am. Have tried update numerous times.

anyone have any solutions?

Apple Watch, watchOS 2

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 6:48 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2022 8:14 AM in response to Chlopez51

If you look around this forum and others you will see all over them that a Watch has been working fine and the next update gives problems.

I am the opposite and unfortunately loaded 8.3 exactly 2 months ago to the day. Regretted ever since. Still older chargers and leads do not work with my AW7 as they did before that upgrade. I go for every one in hope unfounded that they have reversed this.

Just a point to turn off auto update and wait a few days to see what crops up in all the forums.

I will come the day they do manage a fix for mine.

Mar 1, 2022 4:39 PM in response to Chlopez51

I would say apple is probably working on a fix but for now I have tried every single method posted on the internet and absolutely nothing has worked. Updated originally to 8.4.1 with zero issues and that’s what’s running on the watch currently. I have even downloaded 8.4.2 successfully with my phone off and the watch connected to WiFi which proves it is in fact connected to the internet. Still get the error message “unable to verify update because your not connected to the internet” if you go to diagnostic logs and look at the data after trying an update there are error messages pertains to hardware partition and unable to verify Watch but then you can see the software verifies the watch just fine and the internet connection but eventually aborts because it can’t connect to the internet. Apple please figure this out it is not an isolated incident it’s your firmware/software that’s corrupted everyone’s watch. I have an Apple Watch series 5 gps running 8.4.1

WatchOS 8.4.2 refuses to install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.