Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a flashing notice on my MacBook Pro saying that my computer has been infected with Trojan viruses and to call an 877 number. I did and spoke to a person who wanted to download "Any Desk" is it real?

I got a flashing notice on my MacBook Pro saying that my computer has been infected with Trojan viruses and to call an 877 number. I did and spoke to a person who wanted to download "Any Desk" is it real?

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:40 AM

NEVER respond to any links or phone numbers that appear on your screen for any reason. This includes links in emails. These are far too often posted by criminals.

ALWAYS look up the web site or number from trusted original sources.

NEVER "verify" or provide any personally-identifiable information Unless YOU initiated the contact following the rules above.

Scammers will contact you to verify your info "because your credit card was compromised", when in reality it is ABOUT to be compromised. When you 'verify your identity' you give them what they need to access your account.

if it seems especially urgent, call them back.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 11:40 AM in response to 6715

NEVER respond to any links or phone numbers that appear on your screen for any reason. This includes links in emails. These are far too often posted by criminals.

ALWAYS look up the web site or number from trusted original sources.

NEVER "verify" or provide any personally-identifiable information Unless YOU initiated the contact following the rules above.

Scammers will contact you to verify your info "because your credit card was compromised", when in reality it is ABOUT to be compromised. When you 'verify your identity' you give them what they need to access your account.

if it seems especially urgent, call them back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.