Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing app passwords

I have an iPhone SE purchased in 2020. I cannot view app passwords in settings. Only website passwords are there. Help!!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 5:45 PM

Please understand my question. Why can’t I see my password? Obviously I know I can update it. Why do I have to update it if I saved it? And I’ve obviously saved it because I can log in and it fills in my information. You don’t know why I need it but I need it. And I cannot access it and I’m frustrated that I don’t get an answer to my question. WHERE IS THE PASSWORD??

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 5:45 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Please understand my question. Why can’t I see my password? Obviously I know I can update it. Why do I have to update it if I saved it? And I’ve obviously saved it because I can log in and it fills in my information. You don’t know why I need it but I need it. And I cannot access it and I’m frustrated that I don’t get an answer to my question. WHERE IS THE PASSWORD??

Feb 13, 2022 8:46 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes, thank you I do understand that. But the one I need is not there. I’m so frustrated. It’s a new banking app and I do see the website but it is my old password. It just doesn’t make sense that I can use my thumbprint to log in using my new password but I can’t see the new password in my settings—password. I do appreciate all the information but I’m still stuck unfortunately.

Feb 13, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Raicya

Sorry, that was NOT helpful. I thought the helpful was a drop down so I could choose NOT helpful. In my post I mentioned settings and passwords and that I could only see website passwords. Let me expand…I do not see the language “websites and apps” anywhere as a choice. My iCloud Keychain is toggled to “on”.

Missing app passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.