Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frozen mac

I tried to download the newest os for the mac and my computer is stuck in the opening segment. I found out that my mac is not compatible with the new OS. I can't do anything to start the computer. I have turned it off and waited a few hours, but I cannot turn it on. What do I do now?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 1:50 AM

So one is certain the computer is Not Listed here >> Point # 1 - Does the >>  Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade ?

If it is NOT listed, how was the Monterey Downloaded ?

Under normal conditions - attempting to download a version of any macOS from a Non Qualifying computer would be impossible.

Suggest Shutdown the computer and remove any external drives and Restart in Safe Mode

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 1:50 AM in response to TMmkgs

So one is certain the computer is Not Listed here >> Point # 1 - Does the >>  Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade ?

If it is NOT listed, how was the Monterey Downloaded ?

Under normal conditions - attempting to download a version of any macOS from a Non Qualifying computer would be impossible.

Suggest Shutdown the computer and remove any external drives and Restart in Safe Mode

frozen mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.