Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export iCloud Keychain passwords without a Mac

Hi,

I've been using iCloud Keychain to sync my passwords between my iPhone and my Windows 10 PC for a while. However, I've recently realized I'm not given the option to export the passwords (for example, as a CSV file) in iOS 15, in iCloud for Windows, or in iCloud.com. I searched for it, and all the solutions I came across required using a Mac, which I don't own. Could I be missing something? There must be a way to export those over a hundred passwords; otherwise, I'd be stuck using iCloud Keychain for eternity, right?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 4:53 AM

You're absolutely right.

Unfortunately, there's no feature in iOS that allows you to export the iCloud keychain. To do this, you need a Mac.

Maybe you know someone who has a Mac that you can borrow. It is possible to create individual user profiles in MacOS. You can create one temporarily for yourself, sign in with your Apple ID, export your passwords, sign out, and delete the profile afterwards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 4:53 AM in response to okcalis

You're absolutely right.

Unfortunately, there's no feature in iOS that allows you to export the iCloud keychain. To do this, you need a Mac.

Maybe you know someone who has a Mac that you can borrow. It is possible to create individual user profiles in MacOS. You can create one temporarily for yourself, sign in with your Apple ID, export your passwords, sign out, and delete the profile afterwards.

Feb 14, 2022 5:45 AM in response to okcalis

You are welcome.

Yes, there are several small features that you need a Mac to perform, but which you might as well do on an iPhone. For example, if you want to rename your music in the Music app, it also requires a Mac. There are several things that are like that.

Yes unfortunately it is probably the only solution unless you get the option to use a Mac at some point.

In the meantime, you can leave a feedback to Apple, and suggest getting that feature added in iOS: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

How to export iCloud Keychain passwords without a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.