Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working on. iPhone X

After update and several resets Siri will not work on voice commands .

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 7:45 AM

Hello Fiftymore,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're experiencing issues with Siri voice commands on your iPhone X.

You mentioned updating your device, resets, and we also see that you've checked out If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad which is a great place to start.

If you've completed each of the steps listed in that support article, we'd like to make sure that the microphones used by Siri are functioning.

Are you able to playback and hear audio clearly after recording a video using the front-facing camera?

How about recording a video with the rear-facing camera? Are you able to hear audio when playing back that video?

Record videos with your iPhone camera

If you're unable to hear the audio clearly when playing back these videos, it may indicate an issue with one of your microphones. If this is the case, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Fiftymore

Hello Fiftymore,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're experiencing issues with Siri voice commands on your iPhone X.

You mentioned updating your device, resets, and we also see that you've checked out If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad which is a great place to start.

If you've completed each of the steps listed in that support article, we'd like to make sure that the microphones used by Siri are functioning.

Are you able to playback and hear audio clearly after recording a video using the front-facing camera?

How about recording a video with the rear-facing camera? Are you able to hear audio when playing back that video?

Record videos with your iPhone camera

If you're unable to hear the audio clearly when playing back these videos, it may indicate an issue with one of your microphones. If this is the case, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Kind regards.

Feb 15, 2022 8:02 AM in response to racheals14

I am having problems with Siri on my iPhone X after the last to updates, IOS 15.31 is the latest. I can use the button on the side of the iPhone to operate Siri and it works correctly. When I just speak to Siri it does not receive any of my commands. I have reset the iPhone several times, investigated the microphone though recording and playing videos with the front and back cameras. Any further help in this matter would be appreciated.

Feb 15, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Fiftymore

Fiftymore,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that you're able to manually summon Siri using the side button. From here, since you were able to confirm that the microphones used for Siri are functioning, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support here: Get Support They will be best equipped to provide any additional steps that could help with this.

Take care!

Siri not working on. iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.