Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Pairing

I recently got a replacement for an iPhone 11 and had unpaired my series 5 from the old phone. The watch was backed up on iCloud. I set up the replacement, and the apple watch wont connect through the app as it said it was still connected to the old phone. I no longer have the old phone so I removed it through the settings on the watch, but it still doesn't let me pair it to the new one. The watch does appear on my phone settings, and the phone on my watch settings, but not on any bluetooth for either. Did I do something wrong perhaps? Should I reset the watch, and if so, what data will be lost? Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 10:13 AM

To remove the watch from the old phone;

To unpair and erase watch and remove Activation Lock

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

Then go here;

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 10:13 AM in response to unclechoche

To remove the watch from the old phone;

To unpair and erase watch and remove Activation Lock

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

Then go here;

Apple Watch Pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.