Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a new watch with cellular however I still can’t leave my phone. Why?

Have a new Apple Watch. With cellular. However still can’t leave phone. What can I do?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 1:47 AM

Did you activate number sharing with your iPhone carrier?

Activate cellular service

You can activate cellular service on your Apple Watch during setup. If you don’t wish to, you can activate it later in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. See Use Apple Watch with a cellular network.

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same cellular carrier. However, if you set up an Apple Watch for someone in your Family Sharing group, that watch can use a cellular carrier different from the one used on the iPhone you manage it with.

Cellular service not available in all regions.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 1:47 AM in response to fwsa35

Did you activate number sharing with your iPhone carrier?

Activate cellular service

You can activate cellular service on your Apple Watch during setup. If you don’t wish to, you can activate it later in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. See Use Apple Watch with a cellular network.

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same cellular carrier. However, if you set up an Apple Watch for someone in your Family Sharing group, that watch can use a cellular carrier different from the one used on the iPhone you manage it with.

Cellular service not available in all regions.

Have a new watch with cellular however I still can’t leave my phone. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.