Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac is an OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 which is not working to get the latest version of Safari. Ho can I rectify this?

Mt Mac is an OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 which is unable to get latest version of Safari. How can I rectify this?

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 3:43 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which iMac model you have, click on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. It needs to be at least a 2012 one to run the current version of Safari. Alternatively, switch to a product such as firefox for websites requiring a newer browser.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To look up other programs, click here.

(214186)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 3:43 PM in response to Bernard_1066

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which iMac model you have, click on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. It needs to be at least a 2012 one to run the current version of Safari. Alternatively, switch to a product such as firefox for websites requiring a newer browser.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To look up other programs, click here.

(214186)

My Mac is an OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 which is not working to get the latest version of Safari. Ho can I rectify this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.