Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple trade in process

I want to clarify something. Is the following correct?

If I want to trade in an apple watch to upgrade it to a newer model and want to do this online, I first have to send the older one to Apple and need to wait until they have okayed it before I can purchase the new one (meaning a couple of weeks without a watch)

BUT if I do it at an Apple store I can do the whole process in one appointment and walk away with the new watch.

Correct?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 4:41 PM

No, that is not how it works. If you order a watch online, you do the following:

1. Go to www.apple.com
  2. Choose the watch/band combination you want to purchase
  3. Say you have a trade
  4. Enter the serial number for your trade and answer some questions about the condition of the trade watch, such as it's in good working order without a cracked screen etc.
  5. You'll be shown an estimated trade value (pending actual validation after the watch is seen when its traded)
  6. Wait for your new watch to arrive
  7. Once you've set up your new watch, if you are sending the trade in, you'll receive a trade in kit a few days after your new watch arrived
  8. Then you send the trade in OR - if you have an Apple Store near you, you can take the trade to your Apple Store directly and do the trade in-store and skip shipping the watch in
  9. Bottom line is you get the new watch, then trade the old in after you've gotten the new watch
  10. You can, if you want, do it all at the same time at your Apple Store, IF your apple store has the model watch you want to purchase
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 4:41 PM in response to elliotau

No, that is not how it works. If you order a watch online, you do the following:

1. Go to www.apple.com
  2. Choose the watch/band combination you want to purchase
  3. Say you have a trade
  4. Enter the serial number for your trade and answer some questions about the condition of the trade watch, such as it's in good working order without a cracked screen etc.
  5. You'll be shown an estimated trade value (pending actual validation after the watch is seen when its traded)
  6. Wait for your new watch to arrive
  7. Once you've set up your new watch, if you are sending the trade in, you'll receive a trade in kit a few days after your new watch arrived
  8. Then you send the trade in OR - if you have an Apple Store near you, you can take the trade to your Apple Store directly and do the trade in-store and skip shipping the watch in
  9. Bottom line is you get the new watch, then trade the old in after you've gotten the new watch
  10. You can, if you want, do it all at the same time at your Apple Store, IF your apple store has the model watch you want to purchase

Feb 16, 2022 1:33 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Once again, very helpful. I read a review in (i think) the Washington post site which put me off, but your real world experience has led me to think again! One question I think you might be able to help me with. In your case you were able to start the measurements manually. In my case (sleep apnea) I need readings of what is happening when I am asleep. There doesn't appear to be a way of scheduling them. The information I have says that random tests will take place during quiet times "occasionally". I am interested in how often this actually occurs. If it was say 2 to 3 times an average night probably okay, but less than that would not be helpful. Do you have any insight on this?

Apple trade in process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.