Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I share iCloud storage with my family if we have a different Apple ID

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 9:58 PM

WIth Family Sharing, and you should have different Apple IDs. If you don't it is time to get one for each family member.

An iCloud+ sharing plan will give you plenty of space for all the needs of your family. It is unlikely that the free 5GB plan would suit.

Once the family organiser has created a family group they could purchase a subscription to one of the plans, then invite people to join the group. At that point the option is given to adopt the family storage plan and if accepted any existing indivudual plan will cease.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 9:58 PM in response to thecookingB

WIth Family Sharing, and you should have different Apple IDs. If you don't it is time to get one for each family member.

An iCloud+ sharing plan will give you plenty of space for all the needs of your family. It is unlikely that the free 5GB plan would suit.

Once the family organiser has created a family group they could purchase a subscription to one of the plans, then invite people to join the group. At that point the option is given to adopt the family storage plan and if accepted any existing indivudual plan will cease.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.