Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a fix for “no results” after searching Files App

My Files App (the one by Apple) shows Adobe Acrobat as a location I can access through the Files App.

Yet when I run a search through the Files App for documents I know are in Acrobat, it returns “no results”.

I have made sure Acrobat (just and example, happens to other apps too) is active under Siri & Search in Settings, but it made no difference.

How do I get Files to search more thoroughly and return results?

I don’t see how it can be useful with this function missing.

TIA

Francois

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 2:31 AM

You are quite correct in that the native Files App is unable to search the Adobe Acrobat folder of your iPad. This is not a limitation of the Files App - but is seemingly a limitation imposed by the Adobe App - in that it is not publishing its private file-system to Files.

You will need to contact the App Developer, Adobe, to establish whether or not this limitation is intentional - or is a bug. The best route to Adobe will be to use their own technical support resources.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 2:31 AM in response to AppleManSA

You are quite correct in that the native Files App is unable to search the Adobe Acrobat folder of your iPad. This is not a limitation of the Files App - but is seemingly a limitation imposed by the Adobe App - in that it is not publishing its private file-system to Files.

You will need to contact the App Developer, Adobe, to establish whether or not this limitation is intentional - or is a bug. The best route to Adobe will be to use their own technical support resources.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Need a fix for “no results” after searching Files App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.