Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream suddenly discontinued?!

I ran into iCloud issues so I disconnected and reconnected my iCloud account on my phone. Now there's no Photo Stream option on the phone.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Apple Support and they tell me they've phased out Photo Stream. I've been using Photostream for years and it's been great -- my photos sync over to my MacBook Pro and are all stored there. Now they're basically forcing me and everybody else to pay monthly to store them all in the cloud.

Had I known there's no going back I wouldn't have disconnected Photo Stream. My iCloud account is now full up with iCloud Photos and they have me over a barrel. FRUSTRATING!!

Looking for other options. I just want to sync my photos again onto my Mac, not pay for this cloud storage I didn't ask for.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:49 AM

Hi dylanfromsomewhere,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re looking to sync your photos to your Mac rather than using iCloud. We’re happy to help.

To get the photos you currently have in iCloud onto your Mac, use these steps: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

In the future, if you’d like to transfer directly to your Mac, rather than paying for iCloud storage, you can disable iCloud Photos and then use these steps instead: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 7:49 AM in response to dylanfromsomewhere

Hi dylanfromsomewhere,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re looking to sync your photos to your Mac rather than using iCloud. We’re happy to help.

To get the photos you currently have in iCloud onto your Mac, use these steps: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

In the future, if you’d like to transfer directly to your Mac, rather than paying for iCloud storage, you can disable iCloud Photos and then use these steps instead: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Photo Stream suddenly discontinued?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.