Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock after purchasing from a second party, how to remove?

I purchased an Apple Watch from a second party and there is an activation lock on it. What does the original owner need to do So that I am able to use the watch?

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 10:25 AM

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down as a bad experience.

4 replies

Feb 15, 2022 10:14 AM in response to Stacethestar

Stacethestar wrote:

I purchased an Apple Watch from a second party and there is an activation lock on it. What does the original owner need to do So that I am able to use the watch?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b6a6ea10-bec8-4c29-8045-bc46fc0b59b1

They need to give you their apple id and password to remove the icloud activation lock.

Feb 15, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Stacethestar

Hello ~ The watch was not properly prepared for sale…it may indeed be a stolen device. Either the activation lock will have to be removed by the original owner or send it back for a refund. In the meantime take a look here as some of the information does pertain to Apple Watch:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

Activation lock after purchasing from a second party, how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.