Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad cable to connect to ihome devices

Is there a cable to connect my iPad to ihome stereo?

MacBook Pro 17" 2.66mhz, 4 gig ram, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone, iPad

Posted on Aug 8, 2010 9:06 AM

11 replies

Aug 8, 2010 11:08 AM in response to Robert Weber4

Robert Weber4 wrote:
Is there a cable to connect my iPad to ihome stereo?

If you mean the dock connector on the iHome try the 3GJuice cable. I've used it to connect both my iP4 and iPad to my iKicker 501.

http://www.amazon.com/3Gjuices-Finally-There-Cable-Extension/dp/B0032I7PUK/ref=s r11?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281290145&sr=8-1-catcorr

There are less expensive solutions available but one has to be careful. Many dock extender cables only extend the charge and sync connections and do not have audio.

Aug 20, 2010 12:07 PM in response to Peter Doubt

Peter,

I have not had any success. I emailed the cmpany and asked them and they never responded. From the website I dont think it works or they would mention the iPad. I have also asked my local apple store and they dont know of any cable to do it.
Actually I am kind of surprised that no one is making a cable with a dock connector on it.
bob

Aug 20, 2010 4:00 PM in response to Peter Doubt

Peter Doubt wrote:
Robert, just tried to use that cable with my Ipad and an ihome ip87.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work consistently. Just wanted to make sure you had success with an iPad before I returned the cable.
Thanks,

You posted in response to me, but addressed Robert. To save time I thought I'd give you my experience with the 3GJuice cable. It works well with my 32GB 3GS used as an iTouch, with my 64GB iPad 3G, and with my iPhone 4. I've connected them to my iKicker 501 and to my Griffin RoadTrip Auto Tune. No problems with any of them with either device when connected through the 3GJuice cable.

iPad cable to connect to ihome devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.