Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

presenter mode doesn't work

Hello. I'm trying to use Keynote to make presentations via Zoom as well as at other times, on a projector. However, I can't get Presenter mode to work in order to see my notes. I've tried all the various preferences. I tried deleting and re-installing. I tried rebooting. I can access the presenter mode customizer, but when I say OK in the dialog box, I snap back to the slide view and nothing has changed. If I do the same in Rehearse mode, the display doesn't snap back at OK, but that doesn't help anyway. So on Zoom, the participants see my Keynote screen no matter what mode it's in.

MacBook Pro, OS 12.2, Keynote 11.2

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 12:06 PM

Hello tgf_apple,

After reviewing your post, it seems like there is trouble using Keynote presenter when using Zoom. Check the presenter display window settings on the Mac. We would recommend you use this article for more information.

Use Keynote to present remotely in a video conference

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 12:06 PM in response to tgf_apple

Hello tgf_apple,

After reviewing your post, it seems like there is trouble using Keynote presenter when using Zoom. Check the presenter display window settings on the Mac. We would recommend you use this article for more information.

Use Keynote to present remotely in a video conference

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Feb 16, 2022 4:14 PM in response to mario49

Thanks, eventually that worked. I unchecked the 'show presenter display in other apps' and then shared the Keynote presentation. The participant saw the Navigator view, but not the notes, which I saw as a separate window next to the slide window (I had to use Play in Window as Play in Full Screen didn't show my notes, only the slide). I then un-shared my display and re-shared it and all worked properly! Hopefully Keynote works properly with a projector; I have to wait until next week to check that out.

presenter mode doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.