Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 battery drains overnight

My iphone 11’s battery drain for about 10% overnight even if everything is turned off (wifi, notifications, etc). I also don’t have a sim installed on my phone, is this normal? Just bought this phone a week ago. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 4:39 PM

If the phone is powered on, the battery will drain. You should plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed and leave it plugged in all night, every night as standard practice. Hopefully, you've enabled iCloud sync and when the phone is plugged in to charge, the screen locked and the phone connected to Wifi, it will also backup every night, so there's little danger of every losing data, should something unfortunate happen. When you get up in the morning, you'll awaken to a phone fully charged and ready for days use.

In addition, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health and make sure Optimized Battery Charging is turned on. This will help preserve the health of the battery.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 4:39 PM in response to artemis_180

If the phone is powered on, the battery will drain. You should plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed and leave it plugged in all night, every night as standard practice. Hopefully, you've enabled iCloud sync and when the phone is plugged in to charge, the screen locked and the phone connected to Wifi, it will also backup every night, so there's little danger of every losing data, should something unfortunate happen. When you get up in the morning, you'll awaken to a phone fully charged and ready for days use.

In addition, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health and make sure Optimized Battery Charging is turned on. This will help preserve the health of the battery.

Iphone 11 battery drains overnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.