Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.1 download with windows 10 using chrome or edge

Can anyone assist in downloading macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.1 from using Windows 10 with Chrome or Edge browser?

I can not use my mac book to download any thing because it is mac air 2011 mid

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 6:34 PM

Try using Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to access the online macOS installer.

Unfortunately I have not seen any success stories from anyone attempting to create a bootable macOS USB installer using Windows (years ago people had success, but Apple has since changed their installers).

Here is an Apple article with instructions for creating a bootable macOS USB installer:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

To create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer, you can use most Macs from 2010 to 2017. To create a bootable macOS 10.11 El Capitan USB installer you can use many Macs from 2008 to 2009, then you will be able to install macOS 10.13 (or create a USB installer). Here is an article which lists which Macs are compatible with which versions of macOS:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 6:34 PM in response to nabeelfrombarrie

Try using Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to access the online macOS installer.

Unfortunately I have not seen any success stories from anyone attempting to create a bootable macOS USB installer using Windows (years ago people had success, but Apple has since changed their installers).

Here is an Apple article with instructions for creating a bootable macOS USB installer:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

To create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer, you can use most Macs from 2010 to 2017. To create a bootable macOS 10.11 El Capitan USB installer you can use many Macs from 2008 to 2009, then you will be able to install macOS 10.13 (or create a USB installer). Here is an article which lists which Macs are compatible with which versions of macOS:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.1 download with windows 10 using chrome or edge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.