Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase Font Size on External Display / Monitor

I recently got a new Mac Mini and connected it to a 4k monitor. However, the default text size in MacOS Monterey is way too small on high resolution monitors and no options show up to adjust it when I click on "Displays" in System Preferences.

Is there a way to increase the font size for the entire system without losing resolution?

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 3:30 AM

I have the same issue as the original post. Connected external 4K 32" monitor and set it to 4k resolution 3840x2160. The system wide fonts are way too small to be usable. All the suggestions are basically to scale the display back down to lower resolutions which work to make fonts bigger.

I purchased a 32" 4K monitor to be able to display more items/apps/pictures/videos to avoid having 2 or 3 monitors on my desk (which is not an option for me).

QUESTION: Is there a way to increase system wide fonts without sacrificing 4K resolution?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 3:30 AM in response to sfox787

I have the same issue as the original post. Connected external 4K 32" monitor and set it to 4k resolution 3840x2160. The system wide fonts are way too small to be usable. All the suggestions are basically to scale the display back down to lower resolutions which work to make fonts bigger.

I purchased a 32" 4K monitor to be able to display more items/apps/pictures/videos to avoid having 2 or 3 monitors on my desk (which is not an option for me).

QUESTION: Is there a way to increase system wide fonts without sacrificing 4K resolution?

Increase Font Size on External Display / Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.