Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac speakers are not working

My iMac internal speakers are not working I just bought it as I was trying to set up my speakers are not working I went to sound I have done all the settings but still There is no sound.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 11:30 PM

If you tried these steps and the speakers are still not working, use the blue link to contact Apple Support:

Check your sound settings

First, disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports on your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
  2. Click Sound.
  3. Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
  4. If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
  5. If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
  6. If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.

copied from: If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support

Do you get any sound if you plug in your EarPods or connect to AirPods?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 11:30 PM in response to jaspal78

If you tried these steps and the speakers are still not working, use the blue link to contact Apple Support:

Check your sound settings

First, disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports on your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
  2. Click Sound.
  3. Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
  4. If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
  5. If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
  6. If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.

copied from: If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support

Do you get any sound if you plug in your EarPods or connect to AirPods?

My iMac speakers are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.