Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to sort tags in Finder Preferences?

I have a few hundred tags and finding one tag to manually place it near the top of the list takes up a lot of time. Is there a way to sort the tags alphabetically?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:25 PM

If you click on All Tags in the Sidebar the Tag names list in alphabetical order in the column of the Finder window.

Within each Tag name they will also be alphabetical in either List of Column view in Finder.

3 replies

Feb 15, 2022 9:46 PM in response to Patrick Murphy

You're very welcome. Likewise, I've not used tags much and I've learned a bit more about them. Thank you!

That's one of the good things about this support group. Those of us who have been here a while enjoy looking at other user's problems and replying with our suggestions, but also get to do a bit of research into detail we seldom use.

Then there are the really senior members who are daunting in the depth and breadth of knowledge.

Is there a way to sort tags in Finder Preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.