Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music vs iPhone

When I play music from my Apple Watch and want to go to my iPhone, it looses connection. I have to restart my iPhone to get it to work. Maybe it’s a bug?

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 3:06 PM

Hello leffan2000,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We'd like to offer our support.

Does disconnection between your iPhone and Apple Watch only happen when listening to Apple Music? How about when streaming content versus when listening to downloaded content? To isolate this issue further, try listening to different types of content (i.e. podcasts or audiobooks) that are both streamed or downloaded.

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch

Alternatively, if you see a red iPhone icon or the red X icon on your Apple Watch face, we suggest taking these steps:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 3:06 PM in response to leffan2000

Hello leffan2000,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We'd like to offer our support.

Does disconnection between your iPhone and Apple Watch only happen when listening to Apple Music? How about when streaming content versus when listening to downloaded content? To isolate this issue further, try listening to different types of content (i.e. podcasts or audiobooks) that are both streamed or downloaded.

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch

Alternatively, if you see a red iPhone icon or the red X icon on your Apple Watch face, we suggest taking these steps:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone

Kind regards.

Apple Music vs iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.