Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrapping text in a cell in numbers

I have a job to do which involves pasting text into single cells in Numbers (3.6 (2557))

Even though I have 'wrap text' selected, the text spills down into the cells below (which in turn need to have text entered into them). I seem to have tried all the instructions given on the Help pages, but it persistently does it).

Any advice please

PB

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 5:15 AM

I am guessing "spilling down" means you have multi-line text (text that includes carriage returns or line feeds) and it is putting the first line in the selected cell and the other lines into the cells below it. If this is what is happening, instead of single clicking to select the cell, double click to get into text edit mode in the cell. Then paste.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 5:15 AM in response to Just me then

I am guessing "spilling down" means you have multi-line text (text that includes carriage returns or line feeds) and it is putting the first line in the selected cell and the other lines into the cells below it. If this is what is happening, instead of single clicking to select the cell, double click to get into text edit mode in the cell. Then paste.

Wrapping text in a cell in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.