Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track an iphone

Can I track an iPhone if I only have the serial number and imei? I know someone who is missing and it’s really important for me to track it !

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:20 AM

Did you enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI or Serial number for tracking the device.

The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 8:20 AM in response to areeeb

Did you enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI or Serial number for tracking the device.

The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Track an iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.