Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to delete all my data and my user from macbook pro before returning to ex, who is administrator. is this possible?

Can I remove my own user and data from my MacBook Pro without being the administrator?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 6:39 PM

You need to perform all but the last step in the Apple article @BobTheFisherman provided so that you don't leave your AppleID or other accounts linked to this Mac.

To delete a macOS user account, you need to do so from another admin user account. If you do not have an admin user account or access to another admin user account, then you will need to have your ex delete your user account for you. Here is an Apple article:

Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 6:39 PM in response to Balloons77

You need to perform all but the last step in the Apple article @BobTheFisherman provided so that you don't leave your AppleID or other accounts linked to this Mac.

To delete a macOS user account, you need to do so from another admin user account. If you do not have an admin user account or access to another admin user account, then you will need to have your ex delete your user account for you. Here is an Apple article:

Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

I would like to delete all my data and my user from macbook pro before returning to ex, who is administrator. is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.