Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad help

I have 2 iPads and all of my information (texts, e-mails, voice recordings, etc.) goes to both. I want to let my grandkids use the old iPad but do not want my information going to that iPad. How do I keep that from happening and still monitor what they are doing (websites, etc) on the iPad?

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:40 AM

You have to totally erase the iPad that you want to give to the grandkids using these directions.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After that iPad has been erased, you would need to set up one Apple ID for one of the kids. You can only use one Apple ID per device and ideally nobody should share an Apple ID with someone else. However, if you only have one device for both kids to share, this is the only way that what you want to do will work.

I am assuming that the kids are under 13, so see this for creating their Apple ID

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

After the child has an Apple ID, you can set up Family Sharing which would allow you to set up Screen Time on the kid’s iPad as that can monitor what they do an purchase.

Take a look at this.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

This will help with setting up screen time and parental controls.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure that you read all of the links carefully and that you understand what to do before you get started.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 10:40 AM in response to Grams2022

You have to totally erase the iPad that you want to give to the grandkids using these directions.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After that iPad has been erased, you would need to set up one Apple ID for one of the kids. You can only use one Apple ID per device and ideally nobody should share an Apple ID with someone else. However, if you only have one device for both kids to share, this is the only way that what you want to do will work.

I am assuming that the kids are under 13, so see this for creating their Apple ID

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

After the child has an Apple ID, you can set up Family Sharing which would allow you to set up Screen Time on the kid’s iPad as that can monitor what they do an purchase.

Take a look at this.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

This will help with setting up screen time and parental controls.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure that you read all of the links carefully and that you understand what to do before you get started.

iPad help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.