Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a Apple Watch and the person I bought it from had it paired I do not know there Apple ID that it keeps asking me to sign in with when I try to pair it to my device

How do I pair my phone with my watch i but online when I try to pair it asks for a Apple ID that the previous owner used but I have no way of contacting the owner for this information

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:18 AM

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down as a bad experience.

2 replies

Feb 16, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Mikewelch90

As it is, you've bought a completely useless watch. Apple will not help you. We cannot help you. As fieryjack correctly points out, if you can't reach the person who locked the watch and have them remove activation lock the watch will remain locked forever. It's very common to buy watches online, which are often stolen and the seller wants to turn a buck by unloading it on someone unsuspecting who thinks they're getting a great deal.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

I bought a Apple Watch and the person I bought it from had it paired I do not know there Apple ID that it keeps asking me to sign in with when I try to pair it to my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.