Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cloud backup

I have two iPhones showing on my iCloud. My old iPhone 6 and my new iPhone 13. My icloud says it cant backup because my storage is full. My old phone shows it has backed up 35Gb. Can I delete the 35 Gb from my icloud old phone using my new phone, ? I don't have the old phone as I traded it back to version when I got the new phone.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:21 PM

Yes. See the following from Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Delete backups and turn off iCloud Backup for your device

You can delete old iCloud backups for the device you're currently using, or older devices you may not use anymore. iCloud backups are available for 180 days after you disable or stop using iCloud Backup. Backups that are currently being used to restore a device can't be deleted.

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
  2. Tap Manage Storage > Backups. 
  3. Tap the name of the device whose backup you'd like to delete. 
  4. Tap Delete Backup > Turn Off & Delete.

When you delete a backup, it also turns off iCloud Backup for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can turn iCloud Backup back on in iCloud settings on your device. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 1:21 PM in response to skibuddies

Yes. See the following from Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Delete backups and turn off iCloud Backup for your device

You can delete old iCloud backups for the device you're currently using, or older devices you may not use anymore. iCloud backups are available for 180 days after you disable or stop using iCloud Backup. Backups that are currently being used to restore a device can't be deleted.

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
  2. Tap Manage Storage > Backups. 
  3. Tap the name of the device whose backup you'd like to delete. 
  4. Tap Delete Backup > Turn Off & Delete.

When you delete a backup, it also turns off iCloud Backup for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can turn iCloud Backup back on in iCloud settings on your device. 

I cloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.