Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay doesn't come up

i had an iphone 7 and would plug it in to my car with the usb and carplay would come up. i had to upgrade my phone (sprint/tmobile change). I know have the 13. I plug it into my car the same way and a message comes up that indicates it detected my phone. Then nothing, carplay doesn't come up. i have changed the cord, turned the phone on and off, siri is activated. Been to the apple store they say there is nothing wrong with the phone, they suggested apple support but i have not been able to reach them and they don't call back. i have seen things online about carplay crashing but mine doesn't even come up. Beyond frustrated, i used it for navigation all the time.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 2:33 PM

If you can, try to factory reset your car radio. I just ran into a weird spontaneous CarPlay issue (I could no longer skip from my steering wheel, and my car was unaware of my phone). I factory reset the radio, and that resolved the issue.

Probably best to save this as a last resort however, I would recommend other suggestions before this one.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 2:33 PM in response to FedupinGA

If you can, try to factory reset your car radio. I just ran into a weird spontaneous CarPlay issue (I could no longer skip from my steering wheel, and my car was unaware of my phone). I factory reset the radio, and that resolved the issue.

Probably best to save this as a last resort however, I would recommend other suggestions before this one.

carplay doesn't come up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.