Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open an ODF spreadsheet in Numbers?

I have hundreds of ODF spreadsheets that I created and use in LibreOffice (open source). I want convert them all to Numbers spreadsheets so that I use these spreadsheets on all my devices.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

Don

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:34 PM

Open them in LibreOffice and save as .xlsx (Excel) Then just open the .xlsx files from Numbers (File > Open and navigate to the file).

You will probably find that not all features import into Numbers perfectly, and you will want to modify the documents.

The Numbers design philosophy is different, often multiple smaller tables on a sheet rather than one big grid of cells. Check out the templates at File > New in your menu for good examples of Numbers document design.

SG

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 7:34 PM in response to DonLeckie

Open them in LibreOffice and save as .xlsx (Excel) Then just open the .xlsx files from Numbers (File > Open and navigate to the file).

You will probably find that not all features import into Numbers perfectly, and you will want to modify the documents.

The Numbers design philosophy is different, often multiple smaller tables on a sheet rather than one big grid of cells. Check out the templates at File > New in your menu for good examples of Numbers document design.

SG

How do I open an ODF spreadsheet in Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.