You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps on iPad Pro randomly slightly zoom in frequently

This issue has been bugging me for almost 2 years now, and it is driving me insane. Almost no one else is experiencing the same issue, and it can’t be fixed by resetting the device (I’ve tried). It has followed me from multiple generations of iPads. As far as I know, there is no fix, and Apple doesn’t know about this. I’ve only seen a couple of people on Reddit with this issue.

Here’s this issue: About 25% of the time of opening an app, sometimes more frequently, the app opens with the screen slightly zoomed in, with the app taking up more screen real estate than the iPad has (I have a picture below). This has happened with every app on my iPad, but it mostly happens on Apple apps like mail, safari, notes, files, and more. Note, I use the iPad with the Magic Keyboard almost always. Sometimes, the app doesn’t start zoomed in, but if I move my mouse to the top or bottom of the screen, the screen will glitch out and then zoom in. Once an app is zoomed in, the only way to fix it is to completely close the app from the app switcher and relaunch it. Going home and just reopening from the switcher doesn’t fix it; the app has to be completely closed. You can probably tell that this issue is very annoying. Does anyone else experience this issue? It can’t just be me. It happened on my iPad Air 3rd gen + Smart Keyboard and iPad Pro 11” M1 + Magic Keyboard.

And no, I do not have zoom turned on in Accessibility settings. This issue has nothing to do with that. There is no zoom setting turned on in my entire iPad.

Look at the top of the screen to see how it’s zoomed in

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:51 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 17, 2022 2:08 PM in response to hunter1rees

Hello hunter1rees,

We see that you're having an issue with your iPad Pro and apps opening already zoomed in. We'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

You've already done some great troubleshooting steps to help to resolve this issue that you've been having. Since the issue continues, we suggest reaching out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Feb 28, 2022 12:05 PM in response to hunter1rees

I just searched the internet to see if anyone else was having this issue. I haven’t found a proper solution. I’ve got my ipad on the latest update as well and it still randomly zoomed in like the image shown above. Turning the iPad to portrait and back to landscape does fix it for a bit, but we shouldn’t have to do that every time it happens.. It shouldn’t happen in the first place..

Apps on iPad Pro randomly slightly zoom in frequently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.