Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Count Male and Female Monthly?

Hello Friends,

I have a table for Date, Gender and Value. and I want to count Male and Female each month. see the table below

so now I want the result in this table

I used this formula (thanks to macmost)

But still not getting results ....

then I changed formula and replace the MonthName and Month Function with just cell value and it is working .. I think Monthname and month function is not working inside the counties (just my thought not sure)

please help

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:13 PM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2022 4:12 AM in response to justkailash

Here are two ways:

The formula in B2 of Table 2 copied right and down:

=COUNTIFS(Table 1::$A,">="&$A2,Table 1::$A,"<"&EDATE($A2,1),Table 1::$B,B$1)

Or if your region uses , instead of . as the decimal separator:

=COUNTIFS(Table 1::$A;">="&$A2;Table 1::$A;"<"&EDATE($A2;1);Table 1::$B;B$1)

The Pivot Table approach is very quick and easy.

1. Click in the table with the data.
  2. From the menu choose Organize > Create Pivot Table > On Current Sheet.
  3. In Pivot Options pane drag Date down to Rows, Gender down to Rows and Value to Values, and click the circled I by Value (Sum) and choose Count (All) under Summarize by:

The Pivot Table approach is quicker and easier.

If you use it you can "Refresh" the table to reflect changes in the data by going to Organize > Refresh Pivot Table.

The SUMIFS approach is better if you need a table on which you want to base a chart.

SG

Feb 17, 2022 4:16 AM in response to SGIII

Thank you very much..... the Second way I already tried....but in this condition I won't get the remaining months which is not there....

and the formula you have suggested .. will try that definitely....and also I have did it by help of Macmost ... and just created a column for month and then my formula worked...

but still thank you very much for your time and help...

Feb 17, 2022 4:20 AM in response to justkailash

justkailash wrote:

Thank you very much..... the Second way I already tried....but in this condition I won't get the remaining months which is not there....

Not sure what you mean. Pivot Tables will definitely capture all months in your data.

The advantage of the formula I have suggested is that it doesn't need an extra column. However having an extra column with the month will work fine too.

SG

Count Male and Female Monthly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.