Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Predictive text

I’ve got an iPad Pro and a logi keyboard, the new software doesn’t show the predictive text at the bottom of the screen instead there is a keyboard on the left which you have to press. This is incredibly annoying as I do a lot of dates where in the past I would only put in the first three characters and would show me the month which I would press and bingo. Now I have to press the keyboard at the bottom of the screen, press the word I want. The next character I press, the keyboard is at the left-hand bottom of the screen again. Likewise when I am putting in my name, or email or address again I have to press the keyboard at lefthand side at the bottom of the screen. How can I have the predictive text at the bottom of the screen as on previous version of the software?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:31 AM

On your Keyboard, long press the emoji icon key ( if no emoji key or it doesn’t function like the iPad soft keyboard, you can go to Settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards). This will display keyboard choices. Any chance you have an alternate keyboard you can select to see if it changes the layout?

I see for Mac the Logi keyboard has layout options. Maybe this will work for IPad too?

“To change the layout of the keyboard, please click Fn+P or Fn+O (O in Oscar) for 2-3 seconds.”

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 12:31 AM in response to Woolcor2

On your Keyboard, long press the emoji icon key ( if no emoji key or it doesn’t function like the iPad soft keyboard, you can go to Settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards). This will display keyboard choices. Any chance you have an alternate keyboard you can select to see if it changes the layout?

I see for Mac the Logi keyboard has layout options. Maybe this will work for IPad too?

“To change the layout of the keyboard, please click Fn+P or Fn+O (O in Oscar) for 2-3 seconds.”

Predictive text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.