Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable the "Show screensaver after" option?

Hi All, I have a strange problem. The option to disable the screensaver is disabled. I'm wanting to enable it and turn off the screensaver. Any thoughts? I'm running macOS Big Sur (11.6.1).

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 2:21 AM

Try restarting in Safe Mode. This clears system caches and only loads essential software. Can you uncheck this box while in Safe Mode (note: Safe Mode is slow; that is normal). Restart normally. Are things fixed?

If not, then there could be a corrupted preference file, or some third party software conflict.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 2:21 AM in response to wredna

Try restarting in Safe Mode. This clears system caches and only loads essential software. Can you uncheck this box while in Safe Mode (note: Safe Mode is slow; that is normal). Restart normally. Are things fixed?

If not, then there could be a corrupted preference file, or some third party software conflict.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

How do I enable the "Show screensaver after" option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.