Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine backups aren't working after OS 12.2.1 update

I've just upgraded to OS12.2.1 on my iMac and now my Time Machine backups aren't working. On the disc one that has been running every hour the machine is on, it decided to start a whole new backup and quit half way through, and give the message 'waiting to complete the first backup'.

I also started a new backup on a newly (APFS) formatted disc, and the same thing is happening. Anyone else experienced this and have a work around?

(What has happened to Apple's software developers? This releasing new systems as if they were beta versions for the customers to to do the quality assurance is really shoddy practice.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:33 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 17, 2022 5:26 AM in response to malumphobe

I'm not sure how to deal with this but try formatting your disk to another format such as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). If this doesn't work, try to create a new feedback with Feedback Assistant. It's not included by default but you can open it by opening Finder and click the Go menu in the menu bar then click Go to Folder and paste this

/System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Feedback Assistant.app

It will automatically show you the app and from there you can send a new feedback.

Time Machine backups aren't working after OS 12.2.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.