Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Turn Off iPod

I'm not sure if I'm turning my iPod off correctly. I press the Sleep/Wake button to shut the thing off. It seems like the battery runs out very fast when the thing is shut off. Sometimes I hear a musical signal to let me know I have a message. I don't think this should happen when the thing is shut off. Am I not turning my iPod off all the way? Thank you.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 7:58 AM

If you are just pressing the sleep / wake button once quickly, it does not completely turn it off. It merely puts it to sleep. Which means it can still get messages and is still connected to Wi-Fi.

If you want it to be entirely off, press and hold the sleep / wake button for a couple of seconds to bring up the "Turn off Slider". Then slide it to completely turn off the iPod.

To turn it on, you will need to hold the button again for a coupe of seconds until the Apple logo appears.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 7:58 AM in response to jaws_1975

If you are just pressing the sleep / wake button once quickly, it does not completely turn it off. It merely puts it to sleep. Which means it can still get messages and is still connected to Wi-Fi.

If you want it to be entirely off, press and hold the sleep / wake button for a couple of seconds to bring up the "Turn off Slider". Then slide it to completely turn off the iPod.

To turn it on, you will need to hold the button again for a coupe of seconds until the Apple logo appears.

How to Turn Off iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.