Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts randomly disappear

My daughter uses her iPhone to connect with clients. Several clients’ contact information has disappeared recently. Some are very old, some are newer. We can’t really identify commonalities. Is there a fix?

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 9:36 AM

How is she managing her contacts? They are either managed by iCloud or another email account, such as Gmail, Yahoo or an employer Exchange account. If something happens to one of those accounts, it can affect contacts. She first needs to verify where she is managing contacts, and if she is managing on more than one platform, when she opens Contacts, check in the upper left corner to see if she is looking at all contacts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 9:36 AM in response to fireteachers

How is she managing her contacts? They are either managed by iCloud or another email account, such as Gmail, Yahoo or an employer Exchange account. If something happens to one of those accounts, it can affect contacts. She first needs to verify where she is managing contacts, and if she is managing on more than one platform, when she opens Contacts, check in the upper left corner to see if she is looking at all contacts.

Feb 19, 2022 6:35 AM in response to fireteachers

I would suggest that she log into iCloud on a computer and check to see if the contacts appear there. If this is something that has happened in the past, trying to use the link I provide here may not allow the recovery of older deletions if you try to use it. Read and decide. The attempted recovery may just leave you where you currently are and not be successful. There is a section specifically for Contacts. If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud - Apple Support

Contacts randomly disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.