Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 15.0 Send button disabled!

Mail 15.0 (Monterey 12.2.1): the Send button is disabled in most new sending windows such as a Reply window.

A minor complaint is that button icons in all(?) new sending windows are also disabled, showing text only.

A workaround is to hit the Attach button then cancel the consequent Attach dialogue. This re-enables the Send button.

I hope Apple fixes this quickly: it's really annoying!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:20 AM

I am not experiencing a disabled Send button that requires an attachment add/removal to enable it. Try creating a new user in macOS and testing out your email account there. If that works then something about your Preferences or Mail data is damaged and we could proceed to assist from there.

As to the button icons, you can right-click on the toolbars and choose to display "Icon and Text", "Icon Only" (default), or "Text Only" and you can also customize the buttons you see on the toolbar.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 10:20 AM in response to Al Macman

I am not experiencing a disabled Send button that requires an attachment add/removal to enable it. Try creating a new user in macOS and testing out your email account there. If that works then something about your Preferences or Mail data is damaged and we could proceed to assist from there.

As to the button icons, you can right-click on the toolbars and choose to display "Icon and Text", "Icon Only" (default), or "Text Only" and you can also customize the buttons you see on the toolbar.

Feb 17, 2022 11:15 AM in response to Al Macman

Thanks, guys - you are both right. And thanks Luis - I didn't know about the effect of Ctrl-click on the toolbar in the subsidiary window. Cycling the Reply window through "Icon and Text", "Icon Only", "Text Only" and back to "Icon and Text" has cured the problem. The main Mail window was behaving correctly with "Icon and Text" the whole time.

Mail 15.0 Send button disabled!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.