Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery won't charge

My macbook air battery won't charge. It always says "Power Source: Power Adapter" even when it isn't plugged in. I thought the cable was broken so I bought a new cable and power adapter earlier today. I just tried plugging it in and it won't work. There's nothing stuck in the port. I tried rebooting and I'm currently trying to do a software update. I don't know what to do. I'm a student and I really need my laptop to work.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 11:08 AM

If you have your power cable attached it will say Power source Power Adapter. When clicking on the battery icon hold down the option key. if you battery is recognized it should say Good or if bad something like Failing. If you unplug the power cable and the battery is not charging, your computer will shut off. You can also check battery health and charge in ( about this Mac) the Apple at the top left. System report, power.If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support. Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple Support Also.Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 11:08 AM in response to seriousgoose420

If you have your power cable attached it will say Power source Power Adapter. When clicking on the battery icon hold down the option key. if you battery is recognized it should say Good or if bad something like Failing. If you unplug the power cable and the battery is not charging, your computer will shut off. You can also check battery health and charge in ( about this Mac) the Apple at the top left. System report, power.If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support. Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple Support Also.Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Battery won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.